Wednesday

The quest continues.....


On my travels in the consumerist retail paradise that is my local shopping centre, I do like to go to Lush. For those who have yet to frequent the unparalleled ecstasy that is going into Lush (maybe its just me that feels this way) you are missing out on all kinds of magnificent bath products which smell amazing and do what they say! (just don't sue me if you can never get the glitter/flowers/colour stains/fabric butterflies etc. out of your bath).I can tell what your thinking, where the hell is my foundation review you closet hippy???? well look no further

Lush + make-up = pretty damn good



When i saw this in Lush i was drawn to it like metal is to a magnet. I knew lush had a make-up branch business called 'B' never too busy to be beautiful' this always intrigued me, but was pretty expensive and only available on-line in the area i lived (i am sacred to buy foundation on-line encase the shade is wrong). B went bust, and i guess Lush are now integrating a bit of the old B business into the current and the not going bust Lush.

You are able to use this as a tinted moisturiser AND an all over foundation. I really like this about the product. Its multi use is something i have never really encountered before.

I went for the light pink. Colours are split in dark/light yellow (check if you have green veins!) and dark/light pink (for those who have blue veins!).

The foundation is very thick and very easy to blend. You really don't need to use alot. When i saw the size of the pot i was a bit unsure how long it would last, but I seriously I think a pot with everyday use would probably last over six months. I apply this over my moisturiser and found it sits very well on top. It is as i said very easy to blend and feels very nice and moisturising, but only in a good way not in a horrible greasy way. I was very impressed by the results on my skin. It makes me look radiant and healthy, which i personally find is a very good look.

Its really up to you how heavy you want to make it, as its quite easy to layer up. Having said that, applying to much (i would say trying to have quite heavy coverage) does lead to your face looking an odd colour. I don't want to say the dreaded O word. But hell, i cant lie. Too much and you will look a bit like you are orangey. This may be a problem only i have encountered as i am quite fair, but i would still be a bit cautious about using too much.

Staying power is pretty good, i would say it would last you from morning to early evening but you would need a touch up after that. Due to the fact it has lots of lovely things in it (rose petal and soya oil) i really felt that it was doing my skin good and at no point did i get any annoying 'its really obvious you are wearing foundation' dry bits.

It makes an excellent concealer. I know this is a controversial point but i would go as far to say.... BETTER than Yves Saint Laurent touche eclat .

So whats the verdict?

THE GOOD
  • its from Lush!
  • Suitable for vegans
  • ingredients list doesn't read like a crazy chemical lab stock take
  • the price is excellent for the quality and quantity of the product
  • very easy to blend or mix with other foundation/moisturisers
  • multi use
  • makes you look super glowing and healthy
  • would be very good for dry skin
THE BAD
  • Staying power could be a bit better
  • it smells a bit like cooking oil
  • The texture is a bit odd
  • if you have very very greasy skin or are going to be in high humidity, i think this would slide
THE UGLY
  • Too much and you more than likely will look like an ompa loompa
  • Range of colours is poor


No comments:

Post a Comment